Cable Hanging System
Labor-saving, versatile means for hanging static load HVAC Systems.
The Ductmate Cable Shark Cable Hanging System consists of Cable Shark Cable and the Cable Shark Mechanism. For the system to work properly, both components must be used together. The Cable Shark Mechanism uses two serrated steel wedges that allow the Cable Shark Cable to pass through in one direction. Then when a load is applied to the Cable Shark Cable in the opposite direction, the wedges grip the Cable Shark Cable and press it against the Cable Shark Mechanism housing, preventing it from moving.
- Meets SMACNA upper and lower attachment construction standards if used per manufacturer’s installation guidelines
- Comprehensive Cable Shark Hanging System load charts and installation videos available online at ductmate.com
- Meets ICC-ES AC284 guidelines
- Engineered for strength and durability
- Fast and easy installation
- Available in cut-to-length sizes with ferruled loop or spools
- Compact design is aesthetically pleasing
- Available in two sizes to meet specific load ranges
- Versatile hanging options for nearly every application
STOP! IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Before using or installing the product, read and follow all product information and warnings. Do not use the product in a manner that is inconsistent with the manufacturer’s printed information. Ensure that all employees installing the Cable Shark System have been properly trained on using this product.
Cable Shark Cable
Zinc-coated Cable Shark Cable is available in 7×7 strand construction.
Ductmate Cable Shark Cable is designed for the suspension of HVAC systems. The Ductmate Cable Shark System and Ductmate Cable Shark Cable must always be used in conjunction. Use of any other steel cable is prohibited.
Cut to Length Cable is Now Available!
CSW 125 and CSW 250 pre-cut cable with ferrule loop on one end.
- Lengths available in 5,10, 15, or 20 feet
- Bag quantities: 12 for CSW 125 or 8 for CSW 250
- Engineered for superior strength
- Supplied in spools of 500’ and 1,000’ or cut to length
- Cable Shark 125 Cable is only compatible with the Cable Shark 125
- Cable Shark 250 Cable is only compatible with the Cable Shark 250
- Cable Shark Wire is available in pre-cut lengths
- Use ONLY Cable Shark Cable when using the Cable Shark System.
- Use ONLY the correct sized Cable Shark Cable, corresponding to the Cable Shark mechanism.
- ALWAYS INSPECT cable for WEAR, DAMAGE, or ABUSE BEFORE and DURING USE.
- NEVER USE cable that is DAMAGED or ABUSED.
- NEVER REUSE cable or mechanisms under any circumstance.
- DESTROY and DISCARD used, worn out, or damaged cable in a fashion that does not permit the use by someone who does not know the hazard.
- Cable WILL FAIL if used, worn-out, overloaded, misused, damaged, improperly maintained, or abused.
- DO NOT use beyond the appropriate factor of safety.
- ALL USERS should be informed of ALL cable and safety precautions.
- REFER TO all applicable codes, standards, and regulations for inspection requirements and removal criteria.
- WHEN SELECTING an upper attachment, consult SMACNA Duct Construction Standards, Hangers, and Supports.
- CABLE FAILURE may cause serious injury or death.
- PROTECT yourself and others.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROPER AND SAFE USE OF THE CABLE RESTS WITH THE USER.