Cable Hanging System
Labor-saving, versatile means for hanging static load HVAC Systems.
The Ductmate Cable Shark Cable Hanging System consists of Cable Shark Cable and the Cable Shark Mechanism. For the system to work properly, both components must be used together. The Cable Shark Mechanism uses two serrated steel wedges that allows the Cable Shark Cable to easily pass through in one direction. Then when a load is applied to the Cable Shark Cable in the opposite direction, the wedges grip the Cable Shark Cable and presses it against the Cable Shark Mechanism housing – preventing it from moving.
- Meets SMACNA upper and lower attachment construction standards if used per manufacturer’s installation guidelines
- Comprehensive Cable Shark Hanging System Load Charts and Installation Videos available at Ductmate.com
- Meets ICC-ES AC284 guidelines
- Engineered for strength and durability
- Fast and easy installation
- Available cut-to-length and full spools
- Compact design is aesthetically pleasing
- Available in 2 sizes to meet specific load ranges
- Versatile hanging options for nearly every application
STOP! IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Before use or installation of product, read and follow all product information and warnings. Do not use product in a manner that is inconsistent with the manufactures printed information. Insure that all employees installing the Cable Shark System have been properly trained on the use of this product.
Cable Shark Cable
Zinc coated Cable Shark Cable available in 7 x 7 strand construction.
Ductmate Cable Shark Cable is designed for the suspension of HVAC systems. The Ductmate Cable Shark System and Ductmate Cable Shark Cable must always be used in conjunction. Use of any other steel cable is prohibited.
- Engineered for superior strength
- Supplied in spools of 500’ and 1,000’ or cut to length
- Cable Shark 125 Cable is only compatible with the Cable Shark 125
- Cable Shark 250 Cable is only compatible with the Cable Shark 250
- Cable Shark Wire is available in pre-cut lengths
- Use ONLY Cable Shark Cable when using the Cable Shark System.
- Use ONLY the correct sized Cable Shark Cable, corresponding to the Cable Shark mechanism.
- ALWAYS INSPECT cable for WEAR, DAMAGE, or ABUSE BEFORE and DURING USE.
- NEVER USE cable that is DAMAGED or ABUSED.
- NEVER REUSE cable or mechanisms under any circumstance.
- DESTROY and DISCARD used, worn out or damaged cable in a fashion that does not permit use by someone who does not know the hazard.
- Cable WILL FAIL if used, worn-out, overloaded, misused, damaged, improperly maintained or abused.
- DO NOT use beyond the appropriate factor of safety.
- ALL USERS should be informed of ALL cable and safety precautions.
- REFER TO all applicable codes, standards and regulations for inspection requirements and removal criteria.
- WHEN SELECTING and upper attachment consult SMACNA Duct Construction Standards, Hangers and Supports.
- CABLE FAILURE may cause serious injury or death.
- PROTECT yourself and others.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPER AND SAFE USE OF THE CABLE RESTS WITH THE USER.